Monday, November 19, 2012

DAY 15 SUN. OCT. 14 LA PAZ - LIMA - QUITO

Today was fly day. My cold has improved to the point where I'm not snotting on everyone and everything. Thanks to our leader Pablo, we made all connections on time and seemlessly. We left La Paz early and I must admit I am eager to get away from the city I basically slept away. The 2 hour flight to Lima went smoothly. It was clear and our views were good. Lima itself was covered in cloud, but Lake Titicaca was visible in a sparkling blue immensity. We transferred to our second flight and arrived in Quito in the late afternoon. Quito has a busy and prosperous feel to it. We shall see it more completely later. Our hotel is beautiful and we met 4 new tavel companions in the light and refreshing rain for a pleasant dinner in the evening. Our newcomers are Ross and Barb from Vancouver and Bob and Marjorie from Missouri. The rainforest beckons tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment